The CompuChem Manufacturer
Formulation Management and Costing Module
The following files are maintained by the system:
1. Raw Material Costs - Four alternate cost fields, with relevant dates are maintained for each raw material . One of the cost fields may be reserved for automatically generated running average costs linked to the goods received system in the production module. Changing raw material costs instantly updates the costs of all formulations and finished goods items containing the relevant materials
2. Raw Material Technical Data - As well as pre-defined fields such as mass per litre, non-volatile content, oil absorption, etc. which are used by the laboratory development module, an unlimited number of user defined fields can be recorded in this file against each raw material.
3. Raw Material Stocks - Stock availability, stock on order, re-order levels and alternate suppliers are recorded on this file. Stocks are updated by the goods received screen and downdated by the production batch ticketing modules.
4. Raw Material Ordering and Goods Recieved - Orders and receipts are fully controlled with extensive order tracking reports.
5. Product Formulations - Bill of materials with complex intermediate stages, manufacturing instructions, quality control instructions, overhead costing parameters, packaging details and finished goods based on each formulation are recorded here. Theoretical formulation specific gravity is dynamically calculated whenever a formulation is entered or edited.
6. Manufacturing Instructions - A library of manufacturing instruction text is maintained for use in formulation batch tickets.
7. Bill of Cost Parameters - Global cost parameters allow recosting of formulations and finished goods items by simply changing the value of the cost parameters. There is no need to reference individual formulations.
8. Costing - The costing system uses a recursion algorithm which automatically recosts all intermediate stages of a finished goods item, including all intermediate stages of the formulations on which they are based, to any depth of complexity.
There are two main functions in the Costing module:
8a. Detailed Product Costing - Allows for the individual costing of formulations and associated finished goods items. On screen 'What If' calculations may be performed. Intermediates can be expanded to show the fundamental composition and costing of a complex formulation.
8b. Product Cost Summary and Gross Profit Analysis - Theoretical finished goods selling prices can automatically be generated to give desired markups or gross profits based on calculated cost of sales. Once actual selling prices are established accurate gross profit analysis can be reported
© 1999 CompuChem